Are you a fan of Pret’s cookies? If you love a rich and gooey cookie, then these are the ones for you. The whole of your house will be full of the aroma of salted chocolate and almond butter. The best bit is that they are very easy to make and taste incredible.
- Plain Flour - 1 1/2 cup
- Baking Powder - 2 tsp
- Cocoa - 1/2 cup
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Light Brown Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Caster Sugar - 1/4 cup
- Almond Butter - 1/2 cup
- Dark Chocolate - 100g
- Margarine - 1/2 cup
- Chia Seeds - 2 tbsp
- Water - 6 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 190C
- Soak the chia seeds in the water and stir, and leave them in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Place the sugar, cocoa, soaked chia seeds and margarine into a bowl and mix.
- Add the almond butter and chocolate chunks and mix so its evenly combined.
- Add the salt & baking powder, and the flour a bit at a time at a time. Mix until a slightly sticky cookie dough texture is formed.
- Line your baking tray with parchment paper.
- Break a piece of dough off and roll into a ball shape, just larger than a golf ball size, then add to the baking tray.
- Press down onto each dough ball to create a cookie shape.
- Once you have all your cookies on the baking tray, place into the oven for 10 – 15 minutes. You don’t want to overcook the cookies because it will dry them out, they are supposed to be moist & gooey on the inside and slightly crunchy on the outside.
- Place on a cooling rack. These cookies are best served warm as the chocolate chunks will still be gooey.
- Serve with a glass of cold & creamy plant-based milk.