Incredible four ingredient Banana Caramel Nice Cream.
Nice cream is a term used for dairy-free ice cream made purely from fruits, namely banana. Bananas, when frozen & blended, make the most deliciously sweet ice cream that’s healthy and full of flavour & energy – perfect for kids!
This recipe is a slight adaptation of the usual nice cream, by baking the bananas then freezing them you add an extra caramel-type flavour.
To top it off, we also add chopped nuts and a homemade caramel sauce to the nice cream which is made using coconut milk – trust us, it’s delicious!
Anyway, you have to try this easy recipe. We are still amazed that with just four ingredients you can create something so spectacular.
- Bananas - 6 to 8 (medium size)
- Coconut Milk - 1 Can
- Maple Syrup - 5 Tbsp
- Chopped Hazelnuts - 2 Tbsp
To prep the bananas
- Preheat oven 190C, Gas Mark 5
- Line a baking tray with Parchment Paper.
- Chop up the bananas and place on the baking tray. Make sure the size of the bananas are not too big as they will need to be small enough to be processed from frozen.
- Place in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until the bananas are a golden brown colour.
- When baked, allow cooling before placing in the freezer overnight or for at least 10 hours.
To prep the caramel
- Take out three tablespoons coconut milk from the can and place to the side for later.
- Pour the rest of the can into a pan with the maple syrup and mix.
- Bring to a boil.
- Once it begins to boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the milk has turned into caramel.
For the Nice Cream
- Place the frozen bananas into a processor with two tablespoons of the caramel sauce and the three tablespoons of coconut milk that you saved from the can.
- Process together to form an ice-cream texture. You may need to use a spoon to scrape the sides of the processor down. Process until smooth. (If the ice cream is still too solid you can add water to loosen it up, just use a tablespoon at a time).
- Add the hazelnuts and mix.
- Place some parchment paper in a dish and add the ice cream mix.
- Place into the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Serve the ice cream with caramel all over and some hazelnuts sprinkled on top to decorate.