Coronation Chickpea Sandwich is a vegan version of the classic British lunch time favourite.
We can’t get enough of yummy plant-based sandwich fillings, and this one is marvellous.
This is a recipe that is quick and simple to make so you can have it on the plates on and on the table in just a few minutes.
Coronation sauce is a combination of curry flavours and yoghurt, so please try and find a plain dairy-free yoghurt that isn’t too sweet.
If you wanted to replace the chickpeas for vegan style chick’n’ pieces then that is also really nice. Sometimes people then add sultanas as an extra bit of sweetness, but that’s entirely your call.
- Tin of Chickpeas - 1
- Vegan Mayonnaise - 3 Tbsp
- Vegan Plain Yoghurt - 4 Tbsp
- Mango Chutney - 1 Tbsp
- A squeeze of Lime Juice
- Salt & Petter to taste
- Drain & smash the chickpeas up roughly. You want this to be lumpy, not smooth like hummus.
- In a bowl mix all the other ingredients together.
- Add to the chickpeas and mix well.
- Add the filling to your sandwich and drizzle some mango chutney on top, then layer on some lettuce before enclosing the sandwich.
- Enjoy with a cup of tea and a bag of crisps.
Optional extra - A handful of Sultanas make a sweet addition to this yummy sandwich filling. Adaptation recipe from One Green Planet - http://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-recipe/coronation-chickpea-sandwiches/