Now children listen carefully, we’ve heard that Santa absolutely loves shortbread with a glass of plant-based milk (or vegan Baileys).
Wouldn’t it be great to give him a snack that would make his busy evening much more exciting for him?
Why not make these delicious four ingredient Shortbread Cookies to leave out for him on Christmas Eve? You can use a variety of different shapes and toppings such as melted chocolate & chopped pistachios or simple dust with some icing sugar.
This fun and simple recipe is great for the children to make on the run up to Christmas
*We have done our best to keep the sugar and fat to a minimum parents*
- Butter - 175g
- Icing Sugar - 3/4 Cup
- Flour - 1 3/4 Cup
- Cornflour - 1/4 Cup
- Preheat the oven to 190C
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment paper
- In a bowl, mix the flour, cornflour and icing sugar.
- Add the butter and rub it in with your fingertips.
- Keep combining the ingredients with your hands until it all gathers together to form a dough.
- Four your surface and roll out the dough to approx 2cm thick.
- Cut using your festive cookie cutters and place on the baking tray.
- Bake for 20 – 30 minutes.
- When cool, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with a glass of your favourite plant-based milk. (Little tip – we heard Santa LOVES these, you could leave some out for him on Christmas eve).