Delicious Jacket Potato Stuffed with Broccoli and Tofu in a Creamy Mustard Sauce
Jacket potato fillings usually consist of beans or chilli right? But sometimes it’s nice to mix it up a bit. This filling is healthy, tasty and it’s also high in protein.
To make the creamy sauce, we have used blended silken tofu, which is simply a fantastically healthy ingredient to use in cooking. Silken tofu can be found at all supermarkets.
- Block of Silken Tofu - 1 (349g roughly)
- Half a Head of Broccoli
- Oil for Cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Large Potato
- Mustard Powder - 1 Tsp
- Minced Garlic - 2 Tsp
- One Medium Onion (finely chopped)
- (Salt & Pepper to taste)
- Cook the jacket potato in the oven for as long as it takes for it to be crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. It should take around 2 hours at 180C and don’t forget to poke a few holes in the skin before cooking.
- While the jacket potato is cooking, break the broccoli up into mini florets and steam/boil for 3-5 minutes.
- While the broccoli is steaming, fry the onions and garlic for 3-5 minutes on a medium heat
- Once the onions and garlic are translucent and slightly golden, then add to your blender along with the tofu and mustard powder. Blend until no lumps are present. Add a tablespoon or two of water if required to make the sauce thinner or thicker depending on your preference.
- Once the sauce is made, add it to a pan with the steamed broccoli and stir on a low heat until it’s completely warmed through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the delicious creamy broccoli sauce on top of the crispy jacket potato with chopped fresh tomato.