Everyone is talking about the new plant-based option at Nando’s – but here are some things you need to know before you go
10 Facts You Need To Know
1. It’s made of up of #PeaProtein
2. It launches today in the UK (October 13th)
3. The new option is aimed at flexitarians
4. All the ingredients in the option are Animal Free
5. The new option is potentially cooked on the same grill as actual chicken.
(EDIT: Nando’s have since tweeted about the grill situation and said that there should be a veggie section of the grill for plant-based foods to be cooked on, including separate utensils, but they “cannot guarantee zero cross contamination”)
6. They are calling it ‘The Great Imitator’
7. The new option has been designed to taste just like the regular Peri Peri Chicken Breast Fillet at Nando’s
8. The protein part of the meal will be made up of 4 strips of plant-based ‘chicken’ grilled to order
9. Vegan Peri-naise mayo will be used for it and customers can decided how spicy it will be
10. Nando’s themselves aren’t calling this a ‘vegan’ option as it is potentially cooked on same grill as meat. But they are calling it ‘animal free’
After knowing the facts, will you be eating it? If you aren’t eating it, do you think it’s still a good option for flexitarians?
All Contents Copyright © 2020 Vegan Food UK | Disclaimer: This website contains information about products & foods in the UK. Not all of this information may be correct including price, ingredients, allergies and nutritional information. Please double check all products for allergies before you purchase.wpDiscuz