Beautiful and rich Roasted Carrot & Sweet Potato Soup
We are so lucky in the UK to have access to carrots and sweet potatoes all year round for a reasonable price. They are both high in beta-carotene which gets converted into Vitamin A and the body uses to protect the cells against damage.
This soup also contains good levels of iron, calcium, Vitamin B and C. But the best part is that it’s delicious and easy to make.
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 5 Medium Carrots
- 1 Medium Onion
- Garlic - 1 Clove
- Veg Stock - 1 1/2 Litres
- Paprika - 2 Tsp
- Salt & Pepper
- A drizzle of Oil
- Preheat the oven to 190C / Gas Mark 5
- Peel the carrots and sweet potatoes and chop into pieces. Place on a baking tray.
- Chop the onion and add to the baking tray with the garlic.
- Drizzle some oil and sprinkle the paprika and salt on top.
- Bake for half an hour or until the vegetables are tender.
- When ready add the vegetables to a processor and add a little veg stock.
- Process the mix adding a little more of the veg stock until its the thickness you desire.
- Sprinkle with coriander and a crack of pepper and serve with a chunky piece of bread.