Beautiful Root Vegetable Salad with Pea Shoots and a Tahini Dressing.
We have all been there, when you get served a salad and it’s so disappointing! Well this salad certainly isn’t boring.
Made up almost entirely of root vegetables, this salad is tasty but most importantly SATISFYING. It’s also really easy to make.
As well as the fantastic seasonal veg, the tahini dressing is the star of the show in this dish, it’s full of calcium & protein and lightens up all the roasties.
Try and use whatever veg is in season, but think about the flavours and textures. We used squash which goes very soft when roasted, but also added parsnips and turnip which have more texture. The beetroot adds a really lovely earthy element to the dish and adds a nice variation of colour.
This dish is best served warm with fresh salad leaves but tastes just as wonderful cold – in our opinion.
- (For Roasting)
- 2 Medium Beetroots
- 1 Large Parsnip
- 1 Medium Squash
- 1 Medium Turnip
- Drizzle of Oil
- 1 Tbsp Curry Powder
- Salt for seasoning
- (Salad Dressing)
- Tahini - 2 Tbsp
- Sweetner (like Agave Syrup) - 1 Tbsp
- Juice of One Lemon
- Water - 2 Tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Peel and chop the veg into equal size cubes and chunks – this way they should cook roughly in the same time.
- Drizzle the oil of your choice over the veg followed by a sprinkle of curry powder and salt. Make sure you give them all a shake around for an even coat.
- Put all the veg in the oven for 45-60 mins. Don’t be afaid to poke holes in them to check to see if they are all cooked.
- Whilst the veg is cooking, mix all of the salad dressing ingredients together by hand. If it’s too thick for you then add another tablespoon of water.
- Serve in a large bowl lined with fresh pea shoots, the dressing drizzled over the top and some pumpkin seeds.