Rich, thick, delicious vegan gravy.
Sometimes gravy is worth making the effort for and this is a really simple one.
Using just one punnet of mushrooms and a few other ingredients to create a rich sauce to add some depth to your roast dinner.
Perfect for Christmas Day or any other winter meal.
- One Medium Onion
- One Punnet of Mushrooms
- Two Cloves of Garlic
- Thyme - 1 Tsp
- Rosemary - 1 Tsp
- Onion Powder - 1 Tsp
- Garlic Powder - 1 Tsp
- Marmite - 1/2 Tsp
- Balsamic Vinegar - 1 Tbsp
- Oil for frying - 1 Tbsp
- Cranberry Jelly - 2 Tbsp
- Cornflour - 2 Tbsp
- Veg Stock - 2.5 Cups
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Chop up the onions & mushrooms.
- Drizzle the oil in a pan and place on a medium heat.
- Add the onions and fry until they go transparent.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic and fry until cooked.
- Add the onion powder, garlic powder, rosemary, thyme & cornflour and mix.
- Next, mix in the cranberry jam, soy sauce & marmite. It should be quite a thick mixture by now.
- Add the veg stock and mix.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Place a sieve over a jug and drain the liquid through.
- Serve with your vegan roast dinner.
Our aim here at Vegan Food UK is to provide simple recipes using ingredients found in our main supermarkets. We occasionally might use a speciality ingredient, however, only if it is available to buy easily online. Our aim is to show that vegan food can be easily made with simple ingredients that everyone has access too.