Tesco supermarket was named the most friendly supermarket for vegans in 2017, according to members of Vegan Food UK community.
In a flash voting system taken place over 24 hours, over 1000 people voted and almost half voted for Tesco as the supermarket they found to have been the best for vegans in 2017.
New Tesco Products
2017 was a hell of a year for the supermarket giant bringing out new vegan products for us to try. Here’s what they added:
- Wider range of hummus, including smoked and more festive varieties
- Vegan cheeses, including the jalapeno, blue and smoked flavours
- Sandwiches, including the amazing bubble & squeak addition
- Ben & Jerry’s dairy free ice cream flavours
- Cauliflower Wellington Christmas Dinner
- Linda McCartney range products including the new “beef” roast
- Various chocolates including the Free From Truffles
Vegan Food UK have it on good authority that next year Tesco will be increasing their vegan range even more with new exciting products and some possible game changers…for now we have been told to watch this space.
A Tesco representative told Vegan Food UK: “We try to expand our range of vegan friendly products where we can. It is good to hear that our efforts are appreciated!”
Runners up supermarkets in the Vegan Food UK Awards 2017 were Sainsbury’s in 2nd place and Ocado in 3rd. Click here for full list of winners and results of the awards. Other categories voted on were Best Vegan Sausage, Most Vegan Friendly Chain Restaurant, Best Vegan Cheese, and many more.