Easy & Delicious Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Autumn & Winter is pumpkin season and what better way to celebrate than with this decadent American dessert.
If you haven’t tried a slice of pumpkin pie before then you really are missing out. It’s thick, creamy and full of winter spices.
- Pumpkin Puree - 1 1/2 Cups
- Tinned Coconut Milk - 1 Cup
- Maple Syrup - 3 Tbsp
- Brown Sugar - 2 Tbsp
- Cornflour - 1/4 Cup
- Vanilla - 1 Tsp
- Cinnamon - 1 1/2 Tsp
- Ginger - 1 Tsp
- Nutmeg - 1 Tsp
- Allspice - 1/2 Tsp
- A pinch of Clove
- Salt - 1/2 Tsp
- Pecans for decoration
- 1 Shortcrust Pastry Pie Base (blind baked)
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 7 / 220C
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and mix. (You can mix in a bowl if you don’t have a processor, just sieve the flour into the bowl and mix until smooth).
- Pour into the pastry base and place in the oven for 35 – 40 minutes.
- Once baked, leave to cook before decorating with pecan nuts.
- Serve with non-dairy cream or ice cream.