Weymouth Creamy Veg Korma
September 17, 2021
Our Weymouth Vegan Vegetable Korma is creamy and has a bit of a kick to it
If you are after the Korma they serve at Curry houses in Britain, then you have come to the wrong place!
It might be just us, but our favourite Korma is when it's slightly sweet, but with a spicy kick to it
This version has fresh green chilli in it AND fresh red chilli as a garnish - it has to be one of our favourites to make and it's a really simple one-pot dish to make too!
It's called 'Weymouth' Korma because that's the first place we cooked it in our campervan, right on the beach
11. Fry the onions in a tablespoon of vegetable oil, or coconut oil, until soft
22. Add all the spices and chilli, and fry for a further 1-2 minutes
33. Add in the mixed veg and make sure everything is coated in the spice mixture
44. Pour in the stock and gently stir it in. Bring to the boil, and then turn down the heat to a simmer and cover the pan with the lid for 10 minutes (covering the pan for 10 minutes is an essential step if you have root veg cut in larger chunks)
55. Take the lid off the pan and let simmer for a further 15-20 mins, or until the stock has reduced and thickened slightly.
66. Take off the heat and fold through the yoghurt and nut butter.
77. Serve on the side of basmati rice, topped with fresh coriander and chopped red chilli.