These awesome vegan products have been found this week nationwide and we think you need to try them!
Lots more vegan festive products have been released or spotted this week by us and our Vegan Food UK members and they’re definitely worth trying if you spot them.
- Brussel Sprout & Parsnip Bhajia – perfect ‘grinch’ snacks, these little balls are a perfect snack on the go for £1 or why not grab the meal deal which includes the Sainsbury’s Rudolph’s Christmas Feast Sandwich and a drink to make it a full on festive lunch?
2. Plant Pioneers No Chicken Katsu Bites – Pea Protein ‘Chicken’ in a Katsu Style Crumb. These sound like they’d be ideal for a festive buffet-style meal. These with maybe some vegan pigs in blankets and some crispy roast potatoes? YUM
3. Apple & Blackcurrant Doughnuts – these doughnuts aren’t labelled vegan but they are accidently vegan, we always say to check with the individual stores to make sure nothing has gone in them that isn’t suitable. The other flavours they have are: raspberry, strawberry, apple, custard and they often do seasonal specials like, Fruit Salad (the sweets) and green slime filled doughnuts for Halloween.
4. Choc Orange Rocky Road – Rich dark chocolate with sweet marshmallows and crunchy biscuit pieces, this is £1.10 and is great for an on-the-go sweet treat or to have with a cuppa.View this post on Instagram
5. Plant Based Lemon Cheesecakes – Layered with zingy lemon, non dairy cream and a crumbly biscuit base. You can find this in Asda stores and only costs £1.50 for 2 cheesecakes which we think is very reasonable.
6. Plant Pioneers Meat Free Wellington – Puff pastry filled with a blend of a rich mushroom duxelle and red wine, topped with thyme. Whether you’re saving this in your freezer for the big Christmas dinner or you’re going to be cooking it for a Sunday lunch or even a mid-week roast, we think this is a great centre piece for vegans and non-vegans too. This costs £3 for 500g.
7. Christmas Pasta – This can be found in Sainsbury’s pasta section and costs £1. Why not turn your favourite pasta dishes into festive pasta dishes with this Christmas Pasta?
Have you spotted any of these in your local stores? Is there anything else you recommend that we need to include in next week special vegan food round up?